Saturday 20 July 2019

YouTube What The Fuck Are You Playing At?

About the only meaningful communication I get from anyone is from Lori Harfenist "The Resident" on RT. She doesn't have her own RT channel, but there's a playlist. The YouTube app says the playlist was updated today:


... but when I go to the playlist, the latest videos aren't there:


Did I upset some sexual pervert at Google? Wanna fuck buddy? Why didn't they broadcast this on TV, I wonder? 


There's a lot of it about, toxic masculinity, I mean. It's a phenomenon called "blowback", look it up.


The Guardian did a whole series on this, but didn't feel able to actually get to the issue, it seemed to me. The issue is that you cannot try to normalise a sexual perversion, and then start to discriminate against people who react against that, without suffering consequences.


Men afraid of real women:


... and abusing children instead:


EMI Music didn't like the lyric "... here she comes, blocking the sun, blood running down the inside of her legs, ..."


Red rooms feature in a lot of Nick Cave's songs


... and there's one in Charlotte Brontë's Jane Eyre.


At last, I have a way to interpret this song, and now I can stomach watching this video which really fucking freaked me out the first time I saw it!


I think it says "How do you want to be worshipped? As a goddess? ... or as a whore?" And I know that I am not going to get any responses, because I am not allowed to know other people's opinion of me, or of my thoughts. Is that respectful? To not let someone know others' opinions of them? Really? Are you sure? Does that respect their responsibility, as a human being, for the consequences of their actions? Does that respect their morality, if they are not allowed to know the effects of what they say or do? How? How can someone be a moral agent in the world if they are prevented from knowing the consequences of what they do in their lives? And if they are judged, but never told that they are on trial, or by whom they are being judged, and never informed of the verdict or the sentence they have been handed down, is that justice being seen to be done? I don't think so. I think it is deeply fucking sick! Laura Pausini - No River is Wilder.

YouTube's new feature:


Dear YouTube,

Respect is a currency that one has to acrue and which one spends at one's own discretion. In my opinion, treating billions of people like unruly primary school children is not a prudent way for you to spend the respect you have earned.

What we need is radical transparency and algorithmic decision making, applied to this electronic currency of respect in which we trade online. See this video, from On Retirement:


The way to do it is to use algorithms to automatically identify and cluster social networks as intersectional entities, and to use the currency of respect to characterise these intersections: the relative value of these different currencies of respect will define the characteristics of the intersections'  relations with each other in various distinct aspects. See Radical Networks, and On Connecting People. In the latter, think of the aspects of respect as being components in a multi-dimensional vector space. For example, I may respect someone's views as regards cuisine, but find their views on economics abhorrent. This is an idea that Lori and I have been toying with for almost a year now. See Lori on Loneliness.

Yours sincerely,
Ian Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment