Monday 29 July 2019

Psychological Profile

This is purportedly from Markus Kuhn. He doesn't say why he wants this information, but I presume it is intended to make me feel like a madman in need of psychiatric attention. Why doesn't he read what I write? Surely that would tell him more about how I feel about my life and what I do. See for example Shamini Jain on Medicine or Possibilities of New Therapies Using Natural Entheogens or Nancy Trivellato on Disembodied Consciousness, or the last paragraph of Why is Telecommunications Security Important?


If you have some time, could you give me a clearer idea of
how well you feel at the moment, by answering the following
YES/NO questions?

Choose the best answer for how you have felt over the past week:

1. Are you basically satisfied with your life? YES / NO

Yes

2. Have you dropped many of your activities and interests? YES / NO

No

3. Do you feel that your life is empty? YES / NO

No

4. Do you often get bored? YES / NO

No

5. Are you in good spirits most of the time? YES / NO

Yes (when I am not being gaslit by pe.ople like you)

6. Are you afraid that something bad is going to happen to you? YES / NO

No

7. Do you feel happy most of the time? YES / NO

Yes

8. Do you often feel helpless? YES / NO

No

9. Do you prefer to stay put, rather than going out and doing new things? YES / NO

No

10. Do you feel you have more problems with money than most? YES / NO

No

11. Do you think it is wonderful to be alive now? YES / NO

No

12. Do you feel pretty worthless the way you are now? YES / NO

No

13. Do you feel full of energy? YES / NO

Yes

14. Do you feel that your situation is hopeless? YES / NO

No

15. Do you think that most people are better off than you are? YES / NO

No

Perhaps "Markus" would benefit from meditation? See Julia Galef with Sage Advice.

See from 9 mins 29 secs. I think explains a good part of my problem with Cambridge (and Oxford). They are afraid of rational thought.


Listen to Magnus Walker on gut feelings, which I call being true to one's higher self.



Now listen to Emeran Mayer about the true origin of those gut feelings that are our higher selves. They come from a 4 billion year old microbiome that covered the entire surface of the earth. See Nancy Trivellato on Disembodied Consciousness.


So, am I just "trolling" these poor professors at Cambridge and Oxford? You decide. By what measure? Listen to Julia. I think what she's saying is that it should be by your gut feeling, which I call your higher self.


I should explain that the origin of my antipathy for the University of Cambridge is that, for a decade, they kept me like an animal and tried to use me as a free source of ideas. The source dried up after about a month, but still they seemed to derive some benefit from it, so they carried on for ten years, until I left.

Listen to Julia talking about motivated reasoning. What I would add is that a good scout needs to be able to defend herself in case of attack by the enemy soldiers. That's why Navy SEALS are trained as snipers, ....


I think the problem is that Cambridge University has lost the reality checkpoint, and they are trying to retain control of the final cause, because being in control of the final cause is good for securing research funding. That may be true, but being good for securing funding is not the same as being good for research. They need to listen to Alexis, talking about Magnus Walker's talk.


And I am only one year older than Magnus Walker, so if course I'm not going to give up!!! 😂❤️💓💕 And I have been trained by Nick Cave, ....


... 1977 was a funny time, ...


Maybe this will help the people at Cambridge?


1 comment:

  1. The list is a minor variation of a standard clinical questionnaire called GDS-SF, originally developed in 1982 by Yesavage as a scale to assess psychological well-being and depression in geriatric patients. I merely replaced two words ("stay home" -> "stay put", "memory" -> "money") to make it fit better in a situation of middle-aged homelessness rather than old age.)

    I was genuinely interested in (a) your current score, and in particular (b) how it evolves with time (i.e., I would invite you to go through it again around the same time each year, or after you make changes to your life).

    Like with all measurements, one can't of course fully avoid that the measurement changes the state of what is being measured, e.g. that the questions cause reflection and introspection, but that is usually not the goal.

    ReplyDelete