Thursday 25 April 2019

Russia North Korea Summit

Within just one day of talks between Russia and North Korea, the picture becomes pin-sharp compared to the blurred smudge that resulted from the almost-three-years process of the US North Korea "talks". The problem, as President Putin euphemistically puts it, is "a deficit of sovereignty in South Korea". Isn't it funny how these deficits of sovereignty in Asia, and elsewhere, don't make it into any news reports? But I am sure the Wikileaks data dumps are just chock-full of evidence, but where am I going to get the help I need to analyse them? I still can't get enough to eat.


The FT's Henry Foy doesn't even mention the sovereignty issue. I presume he thinks it irrelevant, or, like his colleague Martin Woolf, he doesn't know what sovereignty actually means.

No comments:

Post a Comment