Thursday 18 April 2019

Software Needed

Over the past year, I have accumulated several thousand Google+ posts that contain some useful connections between different stories that have been published on mainstream and alternative media. I have a zip archive of this, but there is no easy way I can find to search and navigate this archive on an Android mobile device, which is the only type of computer I have access to. I could write some JavaScript to allow the archives to be publshed via Google drive shared documents, but that would take a great deal of time and it is not something I fancy doing sitting in a café. What I was hoping to be able to do was to make a scuttlebutt back-end that used x500 directories to store posts. One of the posts in the above archive gives some ideas how this could be done.

The connections are almost all expressed as hypertext links to other Google+ posts, so they will only have been preserved if Google have stored the original post keys in the .json structure, or have patched the references to the original URLs somehow.

This is just such a complete fucking waste of time, because nobody can actually speak to me. This is criminal, and you need to stop doing it now!



No comments:

Post a Comment